This warm soup (Brie and cheddar apple beer soup) combines all essential autumn flavors! you will definitely like the way to make it, and how does it make the process ?, learn here
Ingredients to make Brie and cheddar apple beer soup:
|· 1 (12 ounce) beer|
|· 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese|
|· 1 cup whole milk|
|· 1 sweet onion chopped|
|· 1/4 cup flour|
|· 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|· 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth|
|· 2 small Honeycrisp apples or 1 large, chopped|
|· 2 tablespoons olive oil|
|· 2 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)|
|· 2/3 cup apple cider|
|· 8 ounces brie rind removed + cubed|
|· Salt and pepper to taste|
|· Toasted pumpkin seeds for topping|
Instructions to make Brie and cheddar apple beer soup:
- Heat a large soup pot over medium heat. Add olive oil. After heat, add the onion and a pinch of brown sugar. Season with a little salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until soft. At this point, slowly add apple cider, let it cook into an onion, add more and continue cooking. Do this until the knees are caramelized.
- Add the apples and thyme to the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring, until soft, 8 minutes. Add the remaining apple juice, beer, chicken stock, and cayenne. Bring to a boil and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the apples are soft. (This is when I roast crumble).
- Meanwhile, stir the flour into milk until smooth. Set aside.
- After the apple is soft, puree the soup until it is smooth or really smooth (whatever you like). Return the soup to the stove and bring to a boil. Beat the mixture of milk and boil until the soup thickens a little, about 5 minutes.
- Add cheddar and brie cheese until melted and smooth. Boil the soup for 5 minutes or until it’s ready to be served.
- Spoon the soup into a bowl and sprinkle with roasted pumpkin seeds
More from puretohealthy:
- How Do the Health Claims Stack Up with Kombucha?
- Health Benefits of Kombucha that You Don’t Know Yet
- 5 Good Fruit for Dental Health